Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Teddy Bear Alliance

My first sporadic gift went out today since I purchased the teddy bears. A really sweet, white teddy bear, a sample of Givenchy perfume, and a white Christmas towel with 'something Christmassy', can't remember what it was though, left the post office a few hours ago. With a love note from God. I found the name inside the front flap of the book "Tuesdays with Morrie" my husband picked up from the Half Price Book Store. I almost talked myself out of it but just DID IT. You know the song, 'if you have the chance to sit it out or dance I hope you dance' . . . . (I believe it is Dance by Leann Wolmack (sorry if I misspelled her name. I introduced Leann Rhimes on the radio one time during a personal interview (yes, I was a dee jay) and pronounced her name wrong on the air, she quickly corrected me.) Anyway, I chose to dance this time . . . .

Tuesdays with Morrie is one of the sweetest stories I've ever read. I was so impressed I got the copy for my daughter-in-law's birthday, kept my garage sale copy that my husband is reading to me (I love it when he reads aloud to me) and another copy to mail out with a journal, a scripture teddy bear (he's so cute with scriptures sewn onto his body), a copy of the New Testament and a Vanilla scented candle. I began the journal with some thoughts on how the book ministered to me and then passed it on to one of my best friends to cuddle up with and enjoy. She will do the same: record her thoughts and then pass it on.

I hope it goes around the world. I've asked for the journal to be mailed back to me after it has been filled. I pray it does, and if so (I'm expecting it to be years) when I "least expect it BAM, there it is . . . . . I'll wonder what someone is sending me and when I see it it will be familiar but will take me a minute to put two and two together and then the light will come on accompanied by shrieks of joy and the undying love for every person who shared in the journey with me". I've sent myself a future gift . . . . . how exciting is that?????. Who knows but that it won't arrive during one of the darkest times of my life one day . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment