Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Genesis

If I don't at least get something up here in the short period of time I've got right now, I'll have nothing for far too long, so here it goes, short and sweet. (Ugh, I'm one of the few living beings who cannot get the internet at my home yet! How utterly annoying. I have to jump on whenever and whereever I get the chance, which isn't often.)

We just finished our summer camp . . . I'm the office manager for a Christian wilderness, sports and adventure camp. Sounds easy but believe me it is far from it. It is hands down one of the toughest jobs I've ever had, and most rewarding. And just to minus a bit of the mystery as to who I am: wife of 22 years, mother of 4boys, grandmother of 9, born again deep thinker with a heart for the hurting (I guess that sums me up for now).

We'll have plenty of time to talk about camp later - right now I'm sick of camp (I feel sacrilegious even saying that), in fact we just returned today after a 7 day - ummm what is the best way to describe it? - break, respite, breather, time out, relaxation, recreation, cessation, repose, be at ease, be calm, doze, drowse, have a snooze, have forty winks, idle, kip, laze, lie down, lie still, mellow out,nap, put one's feet up, refresh oneself, relax, sit down, sleep, slumber, snooze, take a nap, take it easy, take one's ease, zizz . . . . . . ahhhhhhh, to zizz . . . . .

I cry through my summers. I speak all throughout the summer, and I cry. That is my lot in life, and that's ok. In fact, that is my calling in life from God, my place in the body - a mouthpiece. It has been a long, slow process of 'making lemonade out of lemons' and it would be such a travesty not to do this - the sharing of my testimony, my heart - (which I use to think would make some sailors blush but I dare not assume this anymore with the state of the world as we see today!). Anyhoooo - for me it is gut wrenching, and takes its toll.

After a summer of this my heart is mush and my mind is mushier, aka I'm FRIED, which is why I'm thankful for the opportunity to zizz for awhile. And which is why I care not to go into my testimony or anything remotely connected to it at this time, but I must say this. Cnyneburg's Field is the origin of my name and it means Royal Forest. I believe that a Royal Forest would have much to glean from with it's abundance of energy and hidden treasures and all. This is the Genesis - the conception - as to my reasoning to blog in the first place. Because of Jesus, I am a Royal Forest where many can glean. If not for these summers (the speeches, the devotions with the staff and the high school kiddos who have reached out to me with cards and letters and baked cookies filled with hugs and tears) I would have NEVER believed I had anything to offer of value, but I've come to learn better.

For now I do want to say HELLO to anyone out there who has perhaps found this blog because you received something or found something from me. I love to mail gifts to someone out of the phone book, leave letters in bathrooms, restaurants, college campuses, hotels . . . . . I just LOVE a good mystery, and I LOVE treasure hunting. So to fulfill some silly need I have (and it does not evade me that Jesus has told us (in my own words - to do acts of kindness and to store up treasures in heaven) it gives me the utmost thrill to send gifts and letters to people I have no clue who they are, nor they me. Just totally random sporadic recipients (unless of course you happen to be GOD who controls the universe and knew dang well who my 'per chance' choice would be. That's why He's God and I'm not, as far as I'm concerned it's random.) Then I dream . . . . . and dream . . . . . that somehow, someway my gift and my words will rescue a lost and lonely soul off the plank of dispair before they jump into deep, troubled waters and drown in their sorrows. Dramatic enough for you???????????? I do have a flair or the dramatic, and I do dream of this. But if nothing else, I just pray that someone is blessed, and if even for a minute or two, because I lived they smiled and experienced one of God's greatest gifts, aside from love - mystery and wonder. How grande is that??

So, I bought a bunch of Teddy Bears the other day . . . . and its time to get going on my deliveries!

Be blessed, sorry this was actually much longer than originally expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment