Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Five O'clock Lightening

Five o'clock lightening (in baseball 5 o'clock lightening is a game where the hits and runs finally come at the end of the game pulling it out by the skin of their teeth) . . . a late bloomer, late-comer, slow resurrection - I am all these things. Wish at times I could change that, but I can't. Wish I had come to Jesus YEARS ago, but I didn't. It is what it is, and it is GREAT because at least I am here now.

What good is a $90,000 Benz if not enough gas in th tank and the streets and highways are decaying to the point of third world contries? If things are as bad as some say (and we know it is) and thousands of American soldiers are dead and more are dying, probably as we speak, how can we enjoy 'the good life'.

Rome is burning son and the problem is not with the people who started this, they are past irredeemable, the problem is with us - all of us - who do nothing, who just fiddle and try to maneauver around the flame and I'll tell you something, there are people out there all around the world fighting to try and make things better.

Is it better to try and fail than not try at all; what is the difference if you wind up in the same place?

At least you did something! . . . . . paraphrased from Lions for Lambs (movie)

Quotes of the day: Though I am one I am still one and though I cannot do everything I can still do something, so because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Courage is fear that has said its prayers. Dorothy Bernard

America is hungry for people who believe in something.
Henry Hyde

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. ~Winston Churchill

Prayer for the Day: God, I am fully aware that 'Rome is burning' and I for one desire to dash my seemingly insignificant glass of water on my section of the city. Please help me to see where fires rage in my own back yard, the wisdom to bring water to the fire and the courage to act. In Jesus' name, Amen

Luke 16:24 So he shouted, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me! Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water to cool off my tongue, because I am suffering in this fire.'

Scriptures: For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7 AMP

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment